Janowska was a German Nazi labor, transit and concentration camp established September, 1941 in occupied Poland on the outskirts of Lwów, Poland. The camp was labeled Janowska after the nearby street's name, Ulica Janowska.

The Germans set up a Deutsche Ausrüstungswerke - the German Armament Work workshop in Steinahus' mill machines factory on 134 Janowska Street. This factory became a part of a network of factories, owned and operated by the SS. The commandant of the camp was SS-Haupsturmführer Fritz Gebauer. Jews who worked at this factory were used as forced laborers, mainly working in carpentry and metalwork.

In October 1941, the Nazis established a concentration camp beside the factory, which housed the forced laborers. Thousands of Jews from the Lwów ghetto were forced to work as slave laborers in this camp. When the Lwów ghetto was liquidated by the Nazis, the ghetto's inhabitants who were fit for work were sent to the Janowska camp; the rest were deported to the Belzec camp for extermination

Janowska was also a transit camp for the mass deportations of Polish Jews to the killing centers in 1942. Jews underwent a selection process in Janowska camp similar to that used at Auschwitz-Birkenau and Majdanek extermination camps. Those classified as fit to work remained at Janowska for forced labor. The majority, rejected as unfit for work, were deported to Belzec and killed or were shot at the Piaski ravine, located just north of the camp. In the summer and fall of 1942, thousands of Jews were deported to Janowska and killed in the Piaski ravine.

The evacuation of the Janowska camp began in November 1943. On November 19, 1943, inmates staged an uprising against the Nazis and a mass escape attempt. A few succeeded in escaping, but most were recaptured and killed. The SS staff and their local auxiliaries murdered at least 6,000 Jews who had survived the uprising killings, as well as Jews in other forced labor camps in Galicia, at the time of the Janowska camp's liquidation.