Q&A with an LAMOTH DocentCLICK HERE TO READ
Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust is looking for DOCENTS!
Docent Training begins Thursday, September 29, 2016.
Join our Museum family and become part of a dedicated group of docents.
As a docent you will:
- Lead tours of the Museum to groups of all ages;
- Educate the public about the history of the Holocaust;
- Assist the Museum in fulfilling its mission of education and commemoration;
All prospective docents participate in a 10-week docent training program. Docent training begins on Thursday, September 29 and takes place every Thursday from 10AM to 3PM. During the training you will learn about the history of the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust, participate in museum tours and special lectures, master gallery teaching techniques, receive an introduction to the history of the Holocaust, and become familiar with the Museum’s collection and exhibits.
- Love working with people, especially middle and high school students
- Have a passion for history
- Can commit for at least two 4 hour shifts monthly
- Believe the Holocaust should never be forgotten
- Want to make a difference
...this is the position for you!
All sessions take place at the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust. All materials are provided.