Q&A with an LAMOTH DocentCLICK HERE TO READ
Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust is looking for volunteer DOCENTS!
Docent training is held every year in the fall. Apply now for the class beginning September 26, 2017!
Join our Museum family and become part of a dedicated group of volunteer docents.
As a docent you will:
- Lead tours of the Museum to groups of all ages;
- Educate the public about the history of the Holocaust;
- Assist the Museum in fulfilling its mission of education and commemoration;
All prospective docents participate in a docent training program. The next docent training class will begin on September 26 and meet weekly for ten weeks. During the training you will learn about the history of the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust, participate in museum tours and special lectures, master gallery teaching techniques, receive an introduction to the history of the Holocaust, and become familiar with the Museum’s collection and exhibits.
- Love working with people, especially middle and high school students
- Have a passion for history
- Can commit for at least two 4 hour shifts monthly
- Believe the Holocaust should never be forgotten
- Want to make a difference
...this is the position for you!
All sessions take place at the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust. All materials are provided.