Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust is looking for DOCENTS!
Docent Training starts Monday, October 20th. Apply Now!
Join our Museum family and become part of a dedicated group of docents.
As a docent you will:
- Lead tours of the Museum to groups of all ages;
- Educate the public about the history of the Holocaust;
- Assist the Museum is fulfilling its mission of education and commemoration;
All prospective docents participate in a 10-week docent training program. Docent training begins Monday, October 20th and will take place every Monday from 10AM - 3PM for 10 weeks. During the training you will learn about the history of the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust, participate in museum tours and special lectures, master gallery teaching techniques, receive an introduction to the history of the Holocaust, and become familiar with the Museum’s collection and exhibits.
- Love working with people, especially middle and high school students
- Have a passion for history
- Can commit for at least two 4 hour shifts monthly
- Believe the Holocaust should never be forgotten
- Want to make a difference
This is the position for you!
Training will be held on Thursdays starting October 20th through December.
All sessions take place at the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust. All materials are provided.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact our Education Programs Manager Jordanna Gessler at (323) 651-9910 or Jordanna@lamoth.org, or visit our website and fill out an application form at: