New Searchable Library Catalog
Search the Museum's new extensive library catalog. Visiting scholars and researchers welcome. By special appointment only. Contact Dr. Vladimir Melamed.VISIT OUR LIBRARY CATALOG
2016-2017 Los Angeles Holocaust Education Institute for Teachers
A Three-Session Multimedia Framework for Teaching the Holocaust
Registration is now open for ADL's 2016-17 Holocaust Education Institute for Teachers. Spanning most of the school year, the Institute will bring together museum-based resources, curricula, pedagogical expertise, and dynamic presenters through three full-day sessions. The Holocaust Education Institute brings together the finest resources to teach about the Holocaust from the Anti-Defamation League, Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust, the Museum of Tolerance, USC Shoah Foundation, and Yad Vashem.
Session One will be held at Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust on October 28, 2016 from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Session Two will take place at the Museum of Tolerance on November 18, 2016 from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
Session Three will be a multimedia framework for teaching the Holocaust at USC on February 3, 2017 from 8:30 to 3:30pm.
What are the goals of the Institute?
- Introduce educators to an expanded pedagogy for teaching the Holocaust
- Teach effective stategies for Holocaust education
- Provide linkage between the Holocaust and a variety of disciplines
- Meet state and Common Core standards
- Create a network with colleagues in the field
- Enable students to explore history through personal accounts of eyewitnesses
For more information or to register for the Institute, visit the Holocaust Education Institute website here.