Here's what you can do as part of your mitzvah project:
- Serve as a junior docent at the Museum
- Meet and assist Holocaust survivors when they speak to student groups
- Examine actual artifacts and assist in the Museum's rich Archives
- Assist student groups or Museum visitors with art or writing projects
- Encourage your friends and relatives to support the Museum in honor of your Bar or Bat mitzvah, or make a personal donation.
Service Project Case Story:
Emma celebrated her Bat Mitzvah at Temple Beth Am in May, 2009. Last fall Emma volunteered in our Museum - greeting visitors, meeting survivors, and helping group tours.
Emma became so engaged with the significance of educating others about the Holocaust, she completed a video interview of a survivor.
At Emma's request, we uploaded the interviews to a web page about her service project where she asked her invited guests to make donations to the museum in lieu of gifts.
For more information contact Education Director Ilaria Benzoni-Clark at (323) 651-9925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.